Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thoughts

So apparently I am wonderful at writing or at least thinking about doing so. However it appears that I am crappy at actually posting it.

The below was written on Sunday on my way back to College.

You know when you hear something and "oh I could Blog about that" well that happen last night (Saturday night) at church. Then I forgot to write about it until I found myself on the way back to college today (Sunday). I was looking out the window at the scenary thinking about the fact that I was about three weeks away from being done with yet another semester of education. And while I am prepared, I am scared. And then it dawned on em that I had come up with a subject to blog about last night but i could not remember what it was.

So I took out a notebook and began writing, as I wrote it came to me. Last night's Gospel and readings ( Isaiah 63: 16-17, 19 ; 1 Corinthians 1: 3-9, Mark 13: 33-37
) remind us to be prepared for the Lord's Coming and warn us not to be sleeping. I started thinking about how that applies and relates to life in the military community. After living in the community for my whole life, I have learned to be prepared for anything. Whether it is new orders or my sponser is going TDY, I may not like or quite be expecting it but i am prepared. I know what to do or at least who to talk to if i don't know what to do.

Wow that makes me sound amazing!!! Which I am sure that I don't always feel not do I believe.

What it truly is..... is that after spending my whole life in the military community, I have learned to be adaptable. That definitely does not mean that nothing catches me off guard but it does mean that if I stop and think about it and breathe I can deal with it. But I don't think that any amount training or preparation can prepare you for the horrors of war... Even if you are not the one fighting in it.

When 9-11 happened, it changed me just as it changed the rest of America. But even knowing that a war was being fought could prepare me foer what having my father deployed to Iraq would do to me and the women that I was/am becoming. Nothing can prepare you to see a man in uniform with a chaplain at your door....while I was blessed enough to get my father home safe....no on knows what the was did to my father. We may never know. Back to the man in uniform. I babysat for him when I lived overseas. He always picked me up in uniform on his way home. I know everytime he rang my bell at my apartment, every spouse and child prayed that he was not there with a chaplian or any news that was bad.

For entire year, we all lived in constant fear. A fear that I don't think will ever truely leave my heart.

GOD BLESS

No comments: